Many of our documents are located on the 2nd floor of the University Library. Some older documents are located in the Annex, located on the Lower Level. Most government documents can be checked out. If you have questions please ask at the Government Documents service desk.
The majority of our government documents published after 1976 can be located by searching the library's catalog. For documents published before 1976, there are several paper indexes located in the Government Documents Reference section. Some of these are also online:
- Checklist of United States Public Documents -- 1789-1909
GovDocs Ref Z 1223 .A113 1953x or online
- Catalogue of the Public Documents of the Congress -- 1893-1940
Gov Docs Ref Z 1223 .A13
- [Monthly] Catalog of Government Publications -- 1895-present
GovDocs Ref Z 1223 .A18 or online -- 1994-present
- CIS Annual -- Congressional publications from 1970-1999
GovDocs Ref KF 49 .C62
- CIS U.S. Serial Set Index -- Congressional publications from 1789-1969
GovDocs Ref Z1223 Z9 C65 1975
- Cumulative Subject Index to the Monthly Catalog of U.S. Government Publications, 1900-1971
GovDocs Ref Z 1223 .A182
- Cumulative Title Index to U.S. Public Documents, 1789-1976
GovDocs Ref Z 1223 .Z7 L47
- A Descriptive Catalog of the Government Publications of the United States, 1774-1881
GovDocs Ref Z 1223 .A 1885
- HeinOnline - Fully searchable, .pdf library of archival legal documents, from 1700s - present; includes Law Journal, Federal Register, Treaties and Agreements, and U.S. Supreme Court collections.
- U.S. Congressional Serial Set Finding List
links agency copies of documents to Serial Set equivalents
- U.S. Congressional Serial Set Inventories (University of North Texas Libraries)
Government documents that pertain to the law, its statutory interpretation and related publications, though received at Davis Library, are housed in the Beeson Law Library. Some key titles include the Code of Federal Regulations, the Federal Register and the U.S. Code.