Service Options - À la carte
What services can librarians offer?
You can choose from ANY of these options or a combination:
- Introduction to Samford Library Resources (basic overview)
- Book a series of sessions (demo, one-on-one, etc.)
- How to Break Down a Topic (Worksheet provided)
- Evaluating Resources
- 2-3 Librarians work with your class one-on-one (no repeat demo)
- What do you mean by “Scholarly Sources?”
- Primary Sources... Research and Use
- Information Literacy skills assessment and reporting
- Help you create assignments
- Teaching Library Instruction via Online Meeting Software
- Senior Seminar Workshop
- Embedding a Librarian in your traditional or online class
- Training on a Specific Library Resource/Subject Area
- Collaborating to create multimedia projects
- Advanced Searching Techniques
- Embed us in your Moodle
- General Special Collections/Archives Instruction
- Google/Google Scholar Tips
- Government Sources... Research and Use
- How to find and use multimedia in presentations
- Ethical Use of Information
- Library Tours of the Building/Services
- Scavenger Hunt
The Library Instruction Program seeks to use each teachable moment to help the institution produce information literate students.
Information Literacy is the ability to:
"recognize when information is needed and have the ability to locate, evaluate, and use effectively the needed information." ALA
Request a Library Instruction Session
Complete the Library Instruction Request Form.
We prefer two weeks’ notice so we can provide you and your students the highest level of service.
We do not offer instruction the first week of class each semester.
Need Help? Here's a video that walks you through completing the form - View it in Full Screen mode to see all the details!
Please use this form to provide librarians notice of a research assignment. Let us know if you have specific directions for the students. You can also send us an e-mail and attach a copy of the research assignment or syllabus.
- Name, email, phone
- When the assignment is due
- A description of the assignment
Library Instruction Coordinator
800 Lakeshore Drive
Birmingham, Alabama 35229-7008